Sunday, March 27, 2011

Your Creative Hat

Creativity wears MANY hats. I think I may have found the "sewing" hat, but I definitely have not tracked down the "baking" one like my friend Marlene has.

Before I explain what I'm rambling about, check out
the ADORABLE, SUPER-CUSTOMpaci leash and wrist rattle my creative friend Marlene
commissioned me to create for her!
Her friend and her friend's husband, also a dentist, are having their first baby.
That explains the teeth, LOL.

Those little stuffed teeth I made are pretty tiny - the striped ribbon is less than an inch wide. And they are NOT embroidered - I created them "from scratch", freehand on my trusty sewing machine.

Which was WAY harder than you would think,
unless you are trying for this effect.
I was wearing my "sewing creativity hat" after that!

But anyway, back to Marlene and her baking hat. CLICK HERE to read a blog post that just absolutely floored me. Let me tell you in advance that what you are seeing is NOT a hamburger...it's a CUPCAKE. And she made 125 of them, out of the goodness of her heart, for the residents of a senior center. I'll pause while you take that in.

Marlene is quick to give credit for the inspiration to Bakerella. But I think Marlene is pretty darn creative, too, because I can tell you for a fact that if I made those cupcakes, I would NEED a hat, because I'd look like this:Especially after baking 125 of them!! And she made them for the residents of a senior center, so that makes Marlene as nice as she is creative.

So what about you, what kind of creative hat do YOU wear?

Thanks for visiting and don't forget to enter our
WINE SLEEVE GIVEAWAY!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, those pictures look just like how I felt after decorating 125 cupcakes! ;-) Thanks for the plug. The truth is, I wish I had your sewing talent! I used to do a lot of sewing but over the years got away from it. Like many things, if you don't use it you lose it. Guess I'll just have to keep commissioning YOU to make what I need! ;-)

    ReplyDelete