Friday, July 6, 2012

Sewing Couture Clothes...

So I got on a roll of sewing for Zoey. I made her just a few things last summer, but really, she was just too tiny not to look overwhelmed by the gathered, shirred stuff I was making. But now that she's bigger...look OUT! LOL  These were all made with designer fabric, mostly Michael Miller...

Knot Dress/Top. I fussy-cut the bodice so the design would be centered. Once a quilter, always a quilter.

Owl print Peasant Dress with Sash

Owl print scalloped skirt. I made this without a pattern. Figuring out the measurements for the scallops was the hardest part.

Shirred Dress. This makes me nostalgic because I do the shirring on my mother's old sewing machine, so I don't have to mess with the bottom tension on my precious Pfaffy.

This one was Sarah's (Zoey's momma's) fave. Here's the original:http://www.tiedyedivapatterns.com/product/ruffle-neck-dress-pattern-the-daydreamer-dress-for-girls-2-10 . Sarah liked mine better. :-)

Peasant Top

Pink and Black Twirl Skirt. Couldn't get Zoey to twirl in it, though.

Bright Print Twirl Skirt

Shirred Dress/Top. I made this with no pattern. I attached the rose to a pin back, so it's removable. Again, made on my mom's old machine. She got yogurt on it before the 'photo shoot', so I didn't get a pic of her wearing it. (Zoey, not my mom!)
If you love these, please leave me a comment.
Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself...

4 comments:

  1. These are great! When I sewed for my daughter it was pretty much simple jumpers. I'm not a beginner but I'm not that good either. Somewhere in the intermediate realm. LOL I'm not a fan of following patterns either. I just don't find them that simple to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tam! I agree about patterns, but I can tell you that the modern e-patterns are often actually easier to follow. Most of the time, anyway. Most of the pieces to these dresses are actually rectangular...only that knot dress has a curved bodice.

      I love to sew. I wish I could just sew and create all day long. Unfortunately...there's this thing called a mortgage! :-)

      Delete
  2. Robin,

    I never get sick of dresses and girly girl clothes. Love the scalloped skirt! Artemis wears them every day. Someday I hope to make the time and be talented enough to make something for her (right now I'm limited to straight lines).

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. Are you on Twitter? I follow you on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/journeyofthezoo/).

    Besos, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah! I loved your blog and I found the part about your wild dog rescue...have to admit, it was almost too much to stand, thinking about those poor animals. I'm so glad you are doing something about it.

      No, I am not on Twitter. I feel like ONE MORE THING might just push me over the edge, LOL. I followed you on Pinterest, too.

      You should take the chance on an e-pattern for Atremis. As I mentioned to Tam in the reply above, most e-patterns that I'm using actually have rectanglar pieces. If you can sew a straight line...

      If you're interested, let me know and I can steer you toward some simple ones...

      Delete