Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Why I'm Not Going to Fireworks...

Because fireworks remind me too much of these days.

Travis and his daddy, 1984.

My boys at Sandbridge Beach in 1984. The only thing better than a day at the beach was a night at fireworks!


Fast forward to today.
The boy in the life vest in the pic above
is the man in the pic below.
He has a family of his own and lives 400+ miles away.


And the baby in that beach pic
is the man in the pic below.
He also has a family of his own and lives even farther away.

Not complainin'.
Just explainin'.
Anyone else feeling nostalgic for summers gone by?

4 comments:

  1. you just about had me sobbing in my route 44 diet cherry limeade...such a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks, Barb! We love our boys to death and are so proud of the fine young men they turned out to be! Just wish we all lived closer...

      Delete
  2. well, that was depressing!
    LOL
    I scrap chronologically and since I'm so far behind I'm still going through my kids' pics of when they were younger. Now they're almost 16 and 20. (crap - did I give a better clue of my age? I did have them young though. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...sorry. It just does get extremely depressing sometimes, not to see the grandkids and our kids very often. They ALL make an effort to get together as often as possible, but it's never gonna be like we see them weekly.

      Maybe if airfare was not so expensive.

      And yes, I do have a better idea of your age. Heck, age is just a number. Isn't that what the young people say? LOL

      Delete