Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How I Almost Went to Jail

LOL, NOW you're interested, aren't you!? Well, I guess that if I had not ceased and desisted, maybe I really could have gone to the slammer. What I'm talking about is this - do you notice the difference between these first two pics (which you've seen before):


And the second two pics? Other than the fabrics and monogram, of course.

You don't see it, do you? WELL, YOU'D BETTER SEE IT, BECAUSE THE DIFFERENCE IS WHAT ALMOST SENT ME TO JAIL.

See, I made Zoey's lovie (the first two pics) with LOOPS of ribbon. And when I advertised that style of lovie on Etsy, I called it a Ta_ _ ie Lovie (replace both blanks with G.) Turns out that what I called it is COPYRIGHTED. Etsy sent me an email and told me they had removed my listing for COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT and that I should not re-list it! Or else.

Hmmm, they can't keep me down...not for long, anyway. Avery's lovie has TABS (with a B, not a G) of ribbon. Heat-treated (to keep from fraying) flat chunks of ribbon. No LOOPS. Nothing tag-y about it. So of course, it's not a Ta_ _ie Lovie. I'm calling it a TABBIE LOVIE. TaBBie, I say. And that's NOT copyrighted.

I'm pretty sure it's not.

I can just see the headlines now...

KINDERGARTEN TEACHER LED FROM SCHOOL IN SHACKLES - REPORTS INDICATE SALE OF CONTRABAND ITEMS!!

They won't mention that the contraband is blankets with LOOPS of ribbon!

Thanks for stopping by. If you don't hear from me for a while, check the booking photos at our local precinct!

No comments:

Post a Comment