Sunday, October 17, 2010

YeeeeOWWWWW

Well, once again, I'm disappointing you as far as having pictures of finished things to show. However, I have a REALLY GOOD reason for my lack of productivity this time. Ready?? If you're faint of heart, look away!


I SEWED THROUGH MY FINGER LAST NIGHT.
WITH MY SEWING MACHINE.


I'll pause while that sinks in.


I really don't know how it happened. I know it has NEVER happened before in all my years of sewing. One moment of distraction and WHAM, the needle had punctured my fingernail, shot through the tip of my finger and emerged from the pad of my fingertip.


YES, it hurt. But even more...it was pretty horrifying. I had the 'needle down' function activated, so when the needle stopped, it stopped...DOWN.


My husband was home and I guess I could have called him to help me, but the sight of the needle all the way through my finger just propelled me into immediate action.


It was the middle finger of my right hand that was skewered, so I had to stretch my left arm all the way across my body to the right side of the machine to crank the handwheel and raise the needle. (I was scared to hit the 'needle up' button...I wasn't sure if I could hold my finger still enough while the machine jerked the needle out!)


So...it was shocking and horrifying to watch the needle creep back upwards through my finger. As I was turning the handwheel, the needle moved up to the max and then started to descend again, so I wound up having to let go of the handwheel and slide my finger down the rest of the way off the needle.


I actually did sew some more last night and sewed today, too, but my finger hurts and I was just sort of jittery around the machine and didn't get anything actually completed.


Hey, come to think of it, if my camera had been "handy" (okay, bad pun), I could have snapped a pic before I unskewered myself and I'd have had THAT pic to show you tonight. I'm thinking you're not disappointed about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment