Tuesday, October 5, 2010

OOPS!

No, it's not a mistake, it's the name of my latest creation...part of my "OOPS!" collection! I'll show you what I'm talking about in a second. First, the pic of the girly bib I told you about yesterday:
And now some Steelers flannel shaped burpies I made. In the interest of fairness, I made one for Zoey, too. Who says little girls can't be die hard Steelers fans!? I made Avery's with diamond topstitching to kind of match the "sparkles" in the Steelers logo and I made Zoey's with heart topstitching, just to soften it up a little. You might be able to see it if you click on the pic.
And now, for my OOPS! I'd wanted to use these cute stick figures playing sports and I got a sudden inspiration to do a visual pun. I think they're my favorite bibs so far! Let's not talk about how long they take to stitch out...they have like a million thread color changes. Here they are!
In the first one, you can see that the batter has hit a home run with both the ball and with Avery's name. Ideally, I could have flipped the batter so that he is batting lefty (like Avery's daddy), but I wanted to have the batter "hit" the last letters of Avery's name...not the first letters. Here's a closeup:
And in this one, Avery's name has been "stiff-armed" by the football player.
You may notice that the stick figure is wearing Steelers colors. I had no control over the jersey number...apparently, he is Dennis Dixon.
Not sure how much stiff-arming quarterbacks do, but there you have it.

That's it for today. I hope to have more to show you tomorrow night! For one thing, I do need to make burp cloths to match the OOPS bibs...
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment