Friday, June 17, 2011

Old Fashioned Customer Service - HUGE SHOUTOUT!

Happy cat dancing...
Happy cat dancing...

Happy cat dancing...

WHY??
Price range from Geek Squad to fix our Ethernet issues:
Minimum $129.99
Maximum $299.99
YES, $299.99 (do they think I don't realize that's actually $300?!) and they can't give you a quote till they open the computer. Obviously, then it's too late!

Do you sometimes feel like you're living in a weird dream??
I was at Jo-Ann Fabrics last night, buying a bolster pillow form so that I could HAND SEW a bolster pillow for my boss/principal (don't ask). I spend a lot of money time there and the cashiers are all pretty friendly, so I took that opportunity to whine about my Ethernet predicament. A customer back farther in line piped up with, "I know someone who's good with computers!"
Turns out, THESE PEOPLE are practically in our backyard!
Get this...they are ROCKET SCIENTISTS, LOL!


Soooo...we are back online. The Neighborhood Computer Store (their real name) had to send someone to buy a part, since their shipment won't be there till Monday. The guy only charged us for HALF an hour's work, when their sign clearly says, "One Hour Minimum Charge". (He said, "Not for stuff like replacing one part...we only charge half an hour for that.")

Total cost, including the $20 part: $56.00.
Being back online: PRICELESS
If you leave near the Tidewater area of Virginia and you need a computer fixed, go there!

PLUS, TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! YA-HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

No comments:

Post a Comment