Sunday, June 5, 2011

Progress

Popping in to say that I'm making progress on the t-shirt quilt. This mom has saved her son's sports t-shirts (almost exclusively baseball) since he was little...what a wonderful keepsake this will be for him!

For those of you who quilt, I'm sewing it in the 'quilt as you go' method, which I've never done before. For a couple of reasons, I now look like this:
For one thing, of course, I made it WAY harder than it needs to be...the seam allowances are 1/4" (although the tutorial I'm following said to make them HALF an inch)... and the difference between the front and back sashing is less than 1/8" (although it should be more like HALF an inch)!

PLUS, the customer wanted BLACK solid sashing. It is HARD to sew with that minute accuracy on BLACK fabric!

Today, I should be able to at least finish getting the center together and, if so, I'll try to snap a pic...that is, if I can focus my eyes enough to tell what's in the viewfinder!

AND we're supposed to webcam with both grandbabies!!
They're too little to realize Nannie should not look so squinty. YAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment