Thursday, June 9, 2011

You May Be RIGHT!

Remember that old Billy Joel song (okay, I'm showing my age) with lyrics that went,
"You may be RIGHT!
I may be crazy.
But it just might be a lunatic you're looking forrrrr..."

I think I really may be crazy. You might agree, once you scroll down and see the setup I've rigged up on our front porch.


Anyway, I'll just post two pics I snapped in my attempt to update the kind people from a couple of the bird groups I contacted. If you have no earthly idea what I'm talking about, GO READ THIS POST and I'll wait.

So, the nice bird experts that I emailed confirmed my worst fears...they concur that these larger babies MIGHT shove the smaller babies out of the nest. Hence, the bizarre setup I rigged up, below. I just could not stand the thought of those fragile babies getting shoved out of the nest on top of the light fixture and splatting on the porch. So here is a cushion sitting on a junk-picked flip chair (I have no pride). The cushion will break their fall. AND THEN WHAT?! I have no idea.


And here is a pic I snapped down into the nest, while standing on that bench. They are cute. There are 2 large ones (who hatched first) and from one I can tell, only 1 of the 3 smaller eggs has hatched...
Stay tuned. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment: