Tuesday, June 29, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different...

I spent the day sewing a really cute rickrack bib and monogrammed burpie for a customer and did not have enough sense to take a picture before I sent them off! So I thought I would show you some things that I made for our older son's/his wife's wedding.

We are originally from Pittsburgh, in case you haven't figured that out by looking at the "faux Terrible Towels" in the picture to the left. Our son had the idea of having their wedding guests wave the towels (instead of throwing bird seed or rice) when he and his wife walked out of the church together.

Unfortunately, even for the least expensive Terrible Towels we could find online, it would have cost an ABSOLUTE FORTUNE to buy enough for every guest to get one. Mom to the rescue...I bought white hotel hand towels online, washed/dried them to fluff them up, dyed them a combination of orange and yellow and hand-stenciled their "logo" (team E, since that's the initial of our last name) on every single one. The picture shows our kitchen, which looked like a faux Terrible Towel factory!
Since the groom's side is responsible for the rehearsal dinner, I decided to carry through with the theme and created these little flags to go in the centers of the tables. I made enough for every person at the rehearsal dinner to get one.

And I'll leave you with a picture of my classroom, where a couple of the leftovers hang to remind me of that special day! Hmmm, that faux towel does not look all that great hanging under the REAL Terrible Towel, LOL!
Don't forget to check back tomorrow, when I'll be posting my second Fun Day Sunday activity. Here's a hint...there's a book and an activity again, but this time, instead of cute ladybugs, the book's main character is something a little more slithery. After all, I can't forget to choose something for the BOYS!








No comments:

Post a Comment