Sunday, August 29, 2010

Finally, Something to Show!

This will be a quickie post tonight, since I still have some things I need to get done before I hit the sack. I got started working on my project and time got away from me. So, without further ado, here's what I have to show you:
I'm calling this the front, because I love the softness if this fabric. (YES, more monkeys!)

So I guess that makes this the back:
It's a taggie lovie for my little love, Zoey.

Surely there are others on the planet who had never previously heard of a "lovie". A "lovie" is like a drag-around blanket, only small. Ideally, it should be made of satin and soft stuff for the recipient to rub and feel. My sensory version has strips of trim sewn around the outside...again, for the little recipient to rub, feel and even chew on. The "tabs" are usually made of satin ribbon, but I decided MY little recipient needed some variety, in both tactile and visual texture, so I added some grosgrain ribbon and even some rickrack!

Off to vacuum up the multicolored fluff that is covering the 'studio' floor. (The monkey fabric is almost like faux fur and sheds like crazy when it's cut.) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment