Saturday, August 28, 2010

Survivor

I am one. Maybe not an Ultimate one, but still, I did survive the ropes course! The morning part was actually fun - it involved figuring out how to work as a team to accomplish various goals and, best of all, nothing was higher than about three feet off the ground.

The afternoon, however...well, that was a different story altogether. The lowest thing was a swing that started at about twelve feet in the air. I did swing on it. Yay, me! I was proud that I did SOMETHING, at least.

The next-lowest thing was a cable suspended TWENTY-FIVE feet in the air between two trees. We were supposed to climb up a rope ladder, then up a telephone pole to reach the cable and then walk across it. I got as high as the top of the ten-foot rope ladder and realized that I was so scared I couldn't make my hands unclench from the rungs! Long story short, you won't see me doing this any time soon:

Heck, I don't even own a French maid outfit.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to the 'studio', to cure my sewing withdrawal! (Shhh, don't tell my principal, but I'd choose sewing over climbing any day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment