Monday, September 20, 2010

The Bird is Back!

First things first...no news yet of any changes at school. We all feel like we're waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'll keep you posted.

Now, for the bird:
So I was all excited to make these adorable little Christmas light hair clips as a surprise for Little L and Little C, because their Nana is just such a nice person. It was a brand-new pattern I'd gotten from an embroidery design company that I just love.

Well, the clips are done and they're cute. MAN, were they aggravating, though. They each had a total of TWELVE steps, two of which involved gluing things together before they were embroidered. Ideally, one would wait until the glue dried before trying to embroider them.

Not me! I was a little too impatient to wait for the glue to dry, so things shifted and the ribbon on the back didn't sew in right and I'd love to show you a picture, but apparently Picnik is having issues of its own and the colors are off enough that I'd rather wait till Picnik is over its tantrum. How was that for a run-on sentence?

I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with a picture to show you and a better attitude to boot. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment