Friday, September 17, 2010

Fingers Crossed

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water...

or in this case, just when WE thought we were safely past the 8-day count at school...

What I'm rambling on about is that we found out late today that admin may be cutting a kindergarten teacher from our school, because our enrollment is too low. It won't be me, but I'm just sick over the possibility of losing a teammate. It will definitely end in tears.

And then they will divide up her students amongst the remaining 4 classes. So instead of classes of 19 students, we will all have 24-25 students. That's a lot of 4-and-5-year-olds. Especially when you consider that we only have our assistants for half the day, since we share assistants. And ESPECIALLY since our program is so academic - 24 or 25 wouldn't be all that bad if you were just making sure they didn't kill each other. But when you're trying to teach them to read, write, do math, do inquiry science, learn about our country, learn how to be a good citizen...it's a LOT.

Plus, those kids have already bonded with their teacher and with each other as a class. This will be upsetting all the way around.

So anyway, it's not definite. Please keep your fingers crossed and send good vibes our way. As for me...I'll be trying to enjoy my weekend. I have Halloween bag orders to get on with!

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but thanks for listening to me whine about work anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment