Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cheater

I am one. Or at least I feel like one. Look at this.
It's not what you think, or at least I don't think it is. First of all, it's not red. It's hot pink, but I don't have enough energy to Picnik it to adjust the colors. But the color is not what I was referring to. You probably think it's a monogrammed lunch bag. It is not. It's a lunch bag with a monogram GLUED ON. Here, look closer:
Okay, I can explain. The lunch bag was a gift from a student to the same teacher friend (we all call her Martha, as in Stewart) that I did the stylish laundry bags for. The student also gave the teacher's assistant the exact same type of bag, so "Martha" asked me to monogram hers to distinguish it from the assistant's lunch bag.

The issue is...the bag is THICK. I told her I thought it was too thick, but Martha looked so dejected that I suggested making a monogram applique and gluing it on. That seems kind of like cheating to me, but she was thrilled with the idea! Anything to keep Martha happy, right?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment