Sunday, July 18, 2010

Something Else from the Files

Again, with the 'not much to show you' today. We did take the dog on a two-mile walk on the nature trail. Then I came home and cut up 160 nickels and no, they are not five cent coins. Nickels are 5" squares of fabric. I'm in an online group that swaps pairs of nickels to get lots of variety for quilts and such. So I cut up my fabric into pairs of nickels and mailed them off. When they come back, I should have 80 pairs of different prints. All that cutting took me a while, and it wasn't picture-worthy.

So I went through my picture files again and came up with something I made a couple of years ago. If you've been reading this blog for a while, you may remember that the guys in our family are all Steelers fans. I wrote a post about the Terrible Towels I made for our older son's wedding. I must have been in a pretty Steeler-y mood myself when I whipped this up for our younger son's wife:


I think it's kind of funny how the "rear end" of the purse still looks 'occupied', LOL.

And the REALLY funny part is that people are selling this kind of purse (minus the Steelers fabric and pom-pom fringe) on Etsy. The purses are called, accurately enough, Butt Bags. Now THAT is funny!
And finally, I saw this today on Kim's Big Quilting Adventure and thought it was just hilarious. I hope you like it, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment