Friday, July 2, 2010

That's What Friends Are For

Stealing from, that is. Well, I really don't think it's stealing if your friend is urging you to use her idea, is it??
Cassie is just brimming with great ideas...she bought her embroidery machine a few weeks before I bought mine. She and I have been conversing daily to fan the flames of each other's frenzies share ideas and inspirations.


The picture above is Cassie's tutu that she made for Little A. Just adorable, right? I wanted to make one JUST LIKE IT for Zoey.

The first problem was that I couldn't find a hot pink onesie like that. ANYWHERE. (Little A's mom had gotten it in a box of baby clothes she received from another mom.)

The second problem was that I just couldn't live with being THAT much of a copycat. However, I did really love the whole flower/onesie/tutu/thing.

So this is what I came up with. It's taken at a funny angle because the paint is still wet and I was trying not to ruin it in the picture-taking process.



YES, that is also another flower on the little tush. I couldn't help myself!

The flower petals are actually a lighter fuchsia-violet color. The tutu and the center of the cone flower (which my husband called "the strawberry-looking thing". STRAWBERRY. LOOKING. THING. But I digress.) are both more of a reddish hot pink. You can tell that the color is off because the background fabric is actually white.(Yes, it seems that I'm back in hot-pink-land!)

You can expect this to appear in my Esty store within the next day or so. Oh, and I do have another idea for adding some embroidery, but it's not an initial. Just mulling that over for right now...

So I'd like to thank Cassie for her wonderful inspiration. And maybe she can also help me out with my tomato overload. That IS what friends are for...RIGHT? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment