Friday, July 30, 2010

Quilt Show, Day Two - Wedding Quilt #2

Welcome to day two of my quilt show! Today I have pictures of the wedding quilt I made for our younger son and his wife, Sarah.

They have a painting of a Pacific ocean sunset and Sarah requested that I incorporate the colors in that painting (pinks, golds and purples) for her quilt. I used Bonnie Hunter's Birds in Flight pattern and made it in a queen size.
Here it is as a top:
And here are some pics of it on my longarm. (Even though this quilt was pretty huge, it didn't have the complexity of the Monterrey Medallions quilt, so I got brave and decided to quilt this one myself. I freehand quilted an allover meander and some (pretty amateurish) ribbon curls in the borders.

Here it is, all bound and ready to go
And here's the back, showing the scrappy binding I made.
Thanks for popping in! Come back tomorrow for day three of the eye candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment