Thursday, July 29, 2010

Quilt Show, Day One - Wedding Quilt #1

For day one's eye candy I have for you some pics of the wedding quilt I made for our older son and daughter-in-law. It's a pattern called Monterrey Medallions by Atkinson Designs.

The Monterrey Medallions booklet offers the pattern in several levels of difficulty. In order to make things as stressful for myself as possible, I chose the hardest version, entitled "Challenge Medallion". It lived up to its name, but I do credit working on this quilt with improving my accuracy in piecing quilts.

Even though I had recently purchased my own longarm machine, this quilt was HUGE and I was really scared to quilt it myself. Instead, the quilting was done by Bonnie Hunter - I thought she did a fabulous job!

Here it is as a top:


Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of it already bound, but here are pics that Bonnie took during and after quilting:


Hope you enjoyed day one of the eye candy quilt show! Pop in tomorrow for day two, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment